Cameron Fuller 19mm Ball Metal Dormer Rod
Delivery: Up to 4 working days
- Swing arm curtain pole kit for hanging curtains in a Dormer window.
- Can also be used as a Portiere Rod, for hanging a curtain over a door to block drafts.
- Complete kit includes all brackets, pole, locking collars, curtain rings, ball finials, fixings and fitting instructions.
Beautifully engineered and manufactured in England by Cameron Fuller based in Devon, the Dormer Rods can be used as either a Dormer Rod or a Portiere Rod. Each rod is made from quality powder coated Steel in a large selection of colours to coordinate with all interiors.
For use as a Dormer Rod
Dormer rods are curtain poles suitable for hanging a single curtain in front of a Dormer window, or small recessed window. Simply attach the hinge bracket to the adjacent wall to the window (either on the left- or right-hand side) and the rod swings into position to cover with a curtain, then swings back to the wall again when not in use.
Fit a sliding support bracket above the dormer window (if you have room), and fit the other sliding support to the adjacent wall for extra support when not in use. Fitting these brackets is not essential, but recommended when hanging medium to heavy weight curtains.
To cater for large windows, simply fit a Dormer Rod each side of the window.
Can also be used as a Portiere Rod
A Portiere Rod is used to hang a curtain Infront of a door to help insulate your room from drafts. The hinge bracket fits onto the door jamb (door surround) and a sliding support bracket fits onto the door towards the end of the rod. When you open the door (towards you) the rod very slightly raises the curtain to help prevent it getting caught under the door. Alternatively, you can simply lift the rod itself off the sliding support bracket (on the door) and swing it back to the wall to sit on the second sliding support when not in use.
Can be fitted to the left- or right-hand side of all windows or doors. Please note – if using as a Portiere Rod, this product will only work with an inward opening door (pulls towards you).
Supplied complete and ready to fit, our Cameron Fuller Dormer Rod includes the following -
1 x 19mm (3/4") diameter, 120cm (47 1/4") length pole.
1 x Hinge bracket.
2 x Sliding support brackets.
1 x Ball finial.
2 x Locking collars.
12 x Curtain rings.
8 x Standard colour coordinating fixing screws.
1 x Allen key & fitting instructions.
The pole can be cut down at home for a perfect fit using a fine tooth saw and are ideal for all types of curtains that require curtain rings and are suitable for medium to heavy weight curtains of up to 14kg.
- Select your required colour and length and see the ‘Specification’ tab for further info.
- Pole lengths stated exclude the measurements of the finials.
- Suitable for hanging a curtain in a dormer window, or hanging a curtain over a door.
- Suitable for medium to heavy weight curtains of up to 14kg.
- Poles can be easily cut down to your exact required length at home using a fine tooth saw.
- Extra curtain rings are available to purchase – see the ‘related items’.
Up to 4 working days Free UK delivery on orders over £75.00
Orders between £12.50 and £75.00 will cost £6.50
Postage and Packing on orders below £12.50 will only cost £3.99
If you’re not entirely happy with your product you can return it to us within 28 days. Please see Returns and Refunds before returning any goods.